UK: Simpson named Peacocks managing director
Retailer Edinburgh Woollen Mill (EWM) has named group commercial director Steve Simpson as managing director of its Peacocks discount fashion chain.
Simpson will retain his position at EWM, a spokesperson told just-style today (11 December).
EWM bought Peacocks out of administration in February last year, in a move that protected 6,000 jobs.
Last month, the Scottish retailer revealed it intends to open 100 stores over the next 18 months as it ramps up the chain's growth.
The plans came as the company more than doubled its pre-tax profit to GBP56.7m (US$91.6m) during the year ending 2 March, while turnover jumped 130.7% to GBP566.7m from GBP245.7m.
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy