ITALY: Sinterama Launches New Bacteriostatic Yarn
A new polyester yarn that is both flame retardant and antimicrobial has been introduced by Sinterama.
The new yarn, GuardYarn, contains AlphaSan antimicrobial, a silver-based agent from Milliken & Company that inhibits the growth of micro-organisms that can cause odour and fabric deterioration.
AlphaSan is added during the extrusion process so that its antimicrobial characteristics can withstand repeated machine washings, dry cleanings or contact with normal chemical agents.
The new yarn has been created specifically for applications such as work wear apparel.
In addition to its antimicrobial features that prevent mildew and odour, GuardYarn has a high level of fire resistance.
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack