UK: Sir Philip Green set to sell Topshop stake?
The deal, which is not yet finalised, is expected to value the two chains at close to GBP1bn (US1.6bn), according to Sky reports.
J Crew is owned by Leonard Green & Partners (LGP) and TPG Capital. The report said LGP had been in talks with Green about making an investment in Topshop for some time.
The funds from the sale would be used to accelerate Topshop's international expansion. Arcadia has been working to expand the brand internationally, with market entries in the US, Brazil, Canada and Australia in recent years.
Topshop and Topman parent company Arcadia saw its full-year pre-tax underlying profit rise 25% to GBP166.9m. Total sales were predominantly flat, but underlying UK retail like-for-like sales fell 3.2% and total like-for-like sales were down 0.7%.
J Crew was taken private by the two private equity firms in March 2011, in a deal worth US$3bn. The brand is set to enter the UK next year with a store on London'sRegent Street.
When contacted by just-style, a spokesperson for Arcadia said an announcement on the plans could be made tomorrow.
How retailers deal with the omni-channel challenge varies greatly, as do opinions on how to integrate strategies for online, mobile and physical transactions....
Delia's, which sells clothing for teenage girls and young women, has appointed former Gap executive Tracy Gardner to the newly-created role of chief creative officer....
Women's wear retailer Cache has appointed Arnold Cohen to the post of executive vice president and chief marketing officer....
US apparel, footwear and accessories retailer J Crew has promoted James Scully to chief operating officer, and Libby Wadle to the position of president of the J Crew brand....
Canadian department store retailer Hudson's Bay Company has seen its fourth-quarter net profit nearly halve, after it was forced to clear inventory at its Lord & Taylor stores across the US after Hurr...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: DSW, Chico's, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015