UK: Sir Philip Green set to sell Topshop stake?
The deal, which is not yet finalised, is expected to value the two chains at close to GBP1bn (US1.6bn), according to Sky reports.
J Crew is owned by Leonard Green & Partners (LGP) and TPG Capital. The report said LGP had been in talks with Green about making an investment in Topshop for some time.
The funds from the sale would be used to accelerate Topshop's international expansion. Arcadia has been working to expand the brand internationally, with market entries in the US, Brazil, Canada and Australia in recent years.
Topshop and Topman parent company Arcadia saw its full-year pre-tax underlying profit rise 25% to GBP166.9m. Total sales were predominantly flat, but underlying UK retail like-for-like sales fell 3.2% and total like-for-like sales were down 0.7%.
J Crew was taken private by the two private equity firms in March 2011, in a deal worth US$3bn. The brand is set to enter the UK next year with a store on London'sRegent Street.
When contacted by just-style, a spokesperson for Arcadia said an announcement on the plans could be made tomorrow.
How retailers deal with the omni-channel challenge varies greatly, as do opinions on how to integrate strategies for online, mobile and physical transactions....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Delia's, which sells clothing for teenage girls and young women, has appointed former Gap executive Tracy Gardner to the newly-created role of chief creative officer....
Women's wear retailer Cache has appointed Arnold Cohen to the post of executive vice president and chief marketing officer....
US apparel, footwear and accessories retailer J Crew has promoted James Scully to chief operating officer, and Libby Wadle to the position of president of the J Crew brand....
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Changes in China cotton policies cause uncertainty
- Responsive supply chain key to Gap's growth plans
- String traceability tool goes back to basics
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Adidas supplier factory strike enters second week
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy