ITALY: SizeItaly survey to improve Italian clothing sizing
Companies will now have access to data that could help them better determine the right product, and size and fit for their customers in order to work faster and more cost efficiently.
Serial measurement survey SizeItaly has been designed by body scanning firm the Human Solutions Group, several partners from the Italian apparel industry and Sistemi Assyst. Using 3D scanners, the survey allows companies to optimise the size and fit of clothing.
Data for the survey was complied between August 2012 to the end of December, gathering the body dimensions of more than 6,000 men, women and children aged between 6 and 75 were acquired.
"The body proportions of the Italian population have changed significantly in recent decades - on average, this generation is larger and taller than their parents and grandparents," Sistemi Assyst says.
"The result is that more and more people find it difficult to find apparel with an optimal size & fit in the stores. The solution to this is a representative survey of current body measurements - exactly how it was tackled by Sistemi Assyst in the SizeItaly project, with the support of the apparel industry and retail trade."
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry....
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide