ITALY: SizeItaly survey to improve Italian clothing sizing
Companies will now have access to data that could help them better determine the right product, and size and fit for their customers in order to work faster and more cost efficiently.
Serial measurement survey SizeItaly has been designed by body scanning firm the Human Solutions Group, several partners from the Italian apparel industry and Sistemi Assyst. Using 3D scanners, the survey allows companies to optimise the size and fit of clothing.
Data for the survey was complied between August 2012 to the end of December, gathering the body dimensions of more than 6,000 men, women and children aged between 6 and 75 were acquired.
"The body proportions of the Italian population have changed significantly in recent decades - on average, this generation is larger and taller than their parents and grandparents," Sistemi Assyst says.
"The result is that more and more people find it difficult to find apparel with an optimal size & fit in the stores. The solution to this is a representative survey of current body measurements - exactly how it was tackled by Sistemi Assyst in the SizeItaly project, with the support of the apparel industry and retail trade."
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry....
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019