ITALY: SizeItaly to improve Italian clothing sizing
Italy's first serial measurement survey using 3D scanners is underway, with the goal of optimising the size and fit of clothing.
The SizeItaly survey, sponsored by Italian apparel companies including Yamamai and Patrizia Pepe, is being carried out by Sistemi Assyst and the Human Solutions Group.
Almost 2,500 people have been measured across six sites over the past five months, and the project aims to have scanned a total of 6,000 men, women and children by the end of 2013.
"We are very proud that we will be using modern technology to carry out Italy's first serial measurement survey. Participation and enthusiasm levels on all the sites are very high," said Sistemi Assyst CEO Peter Stampfli.
"This amount of support by the Italian consumers demonstrates the urgent need to optimise the size and fit of apparel - and our measurement data are the basis for this."
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
A range of SizeGermany product development fit mannequins has been unveiled by the Human Solutions Group in conjunction with the London based size and fit specialist Sizemic and the SizeGermany retail...
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- Hampshire and Levi Strauss in global sourcing deal
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies