ITALY: SizeItaly to improve Italian clothing sizing
Italy's first serial measurement survey using 3D scanners is underway, with the goal of optimising the size and fit of clothing.
The SizeItaly survey, sponsored by Italian apparel companies including Yamamai and Patrizia Pepe, is being carried out by Sistemi Assyst and the Human Solutions Group.
Almost 2,500 people have been measured across six sites over the past five months, and the project aims to have scanned a total of 6,000 men, women and children by the end of 2013.
"We are very proud that we will be using modern technology to carry out Italy's first serial measurement survey. Participation and enthusiasm levels on all the sites are very high," said Sistemi Assyst CEO Peter Stampfli.
"This amount of support by the Italian consumers demonstrates the urgent need to optimise the size and fit of apparel - and our measurement data are the basis for this."
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
A range of SizeGermany product development fit mannequins has been unveiled by the Human Solutions Group in conjunction with the London based size and fit specialist Sizemic and the SizeGermany retail...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide