ITALY: SizeItaly to improve Italian clothing sizing
Italy's first serial measurement survey using 3D scanners is underway, with the goal of optimising the size and fit of clothing.
The SizeItaly survey, sponsored by Italian apparel companies including Yamamai and Patrizia Pepe, is being carried out by Sistemi Assyst and the Human Solutions Group.
Almost 2,500 people have been measured across six sites over the past five months, and the project aims to have scanned a total of 6,000 men, women and children by the end of 2013.
"We are very proud that we will be using modern technology to carry out Italy's first serial measurement survey. Participation and enthusiasm levels on all the sites are very high," said Sistemi Assyst CEO Peter Stampfli.
"This amount of support by the Italian consumers demonstrates the urgent need to optimise the size and fit of apparel - and our measurement data are the basis for this."
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
A range of SizeGermany product development fit mannequins has been unveiled by the Human Solutions Group in conjunction with the London based size and fit specialist Sizemic and the SizeGermany retail...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey