ITALY: SizeItaly to improve Italian clothing sizing
Italy's first serial measurement survey using 3D scanners is underway, with the goal of optimising the size and fit of clothing.
The SizeItaly survey, sponsored by Italian apparel companies including Yamamai and Patrizia Pepe, is being carried out by Sistemi Assyst and the Human Solutions Group.
Almost 2,500 people have been measured across six sites over the past five months, and the project aims to have scanned a total of 6,000 men, women and children by the end of 2013.
"We are very proud that we will be using modern technology to carry out Italy's first serial measurement survey. Participation and enthusiasm levels on all the sites are very high," said Sistemi Assyst CEO Peter Stampfli.
"This amount of support by the Italian consumers demonstrates the urgent need to optimise the size and fit of apparel - and our measurement data are the basis for this."
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
A range of SizeGermany product development fit mannequins has been unveiled by the Human Solutions Group in conjunction with the London based size and fit specialist Sizemic and the SizeGermany retail...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Lesotho risks garment job losses if AGOA lapses
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019