ITALY: SizeItaly to improve Italian clothing sizing
Italy's first serial measurement survey using 3D scanners is underway, with the goal of optimising the size and fit of clothing.
The SizeItaly survey, sponsored by Italian apparel companies including Yamamai and Patrizia Pepe, is being carried out by Sistemi Assyst and the Human Solutions Group.
Almost 2,500 people have been measured across six sites over the past five months, and the project aims to have scanned a total of 6,000 men, women and children by the end of 2013.
"We are very proud that we will be using modern technology to carry out Italy's first serial measurement survey. Participation and enthusiasm levels on all the sites are very high," said Sistemi Assyst CEO Peter Stampfli.
"This amount of support by the Italian consumers demonstrates the urgent need to optimise the size and fit of apparel - and our measurement data are the basis for this."
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
A range of SizeGermany product development fit mannequins has been unveiled by the Human Solutions Group in conjunction with the London based size and fit specialist Sizemic and the SizeGermany retail...
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Old Navy's Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields