USA: S&K Famous Brands' Q2 Earnings Rocket 500%
The Virginia-based operator of 234 stores posted net income for the quarter ended August 2 $301,000, or 12 cents per diluted share, compared to $55,000, or two cents per share, in the same period last year.
Total sales rose nine per cent to $39.4 million from $36.1m with same-store sales also up nine per cent.
President and CEO, Stewart Kasen, said in a statement: "The company's second quarter pre-tax earnings were significantly higher than last year.
"Most of this quarter's elevated inventory levels were planned to fuel higher sales. We are pleased with our first half results."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar