USA: S&K Q1 Income Climbs To $1.77m
The Virginia-based company also registered a jump in sales to $50.9m for the period, up from $44m in the previous first quarter, and same-store sales growth of 12.9 per cent.
"The 15.9 per cent higher net income in the first quarter resulted from increased customer response to our value pricing strategy as well as significantly improved leverage of expenses," CEO Stewart Kasen said.
S&K operates 241 stores across the United States.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Oxford Industries, Shoe Carnival
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective