US: Skechers breaks ground on new distribution hub
Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger was in attendance as footwear company Skechers USA broke ground on its new distribution centre.
The 1.82m sq ft hub at Rancho Belago, California, will handle the distribution of all the company’s products in the US and Canada, replacing the existing facility in Ontario, California, in 2011.
Skechers claims the centre will be the largest LEED-certified building in the US, helping to reduce its energy consumption and environmental impact.
“This new facility will provide Skechers with the logistics and distribution support required to match our growth,” said Michael Greenberg, Skechers president.
“By using the latest technologies, we’re able to streamline our expenses while reducing our environmental impact at the same time.”
Governor Schwarzenegger added that “the fact that this will be the most environmentally sound, progressive, sophisticated building in the United States proves that what’s good for the economy can be good for the environment too.”
Footwear company Skechers USA has dismissed two recently filed class action suits against its Shape-up products, describing them as "baseless"....
Strong top-line growth has propelled Skechers back into profit in its second quarter....
Apparel maker Perry Ellis International has signed a license deal for its Gotcha brand for infants and boys with Beluga Inc, a subsidiary of the Adjmi Apparel Group....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack