US: Skechers files patent lawsuit against DB Shoe Co
Skechers claims DB Shoe Co's product infringes on its Go Walk product line
Footwear business Skechers USA has filed a lawsuit against rival DB Shoe Company for selling footwear that it claims infringes on its Go Walk product line.
The suit, filed in the US District Court for the Central District of California, seeks compensatory and punitive damages as well as injunctive relief for infringing on seven separate design patents of Skechers.
The firm claims that DB Shoe Company is selling the infringing products under the name Super Dream Walk 816.
"Skechers has invested tremendous resources into designing, developing, and advertising our Skechers Go Walk product line," said David Weinberg, chief operating officer. "We have built Skechers Go Walk into a name and look globally recognised and synonymous with Skechers, which benefits not only Skechers but all of its retail partners.
"We will not allow our competitors and retailers to infringe on one of our most valuable intellectual properties, and we will continue to enforce our intellectual property rights against any company that develops footwear that infringes on the designs of Skechers Go Walk as well as our other proprietary product lines."
In June, Skechers filed a lawsuit against Reebok International, also for selling a product it said infringes on its Go Walk line.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Footwear business Skechers USA has launched a new subsidiary in Latin America, transitioning the business from a third-party distributor....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective