USA: Skechers Files Patent Lawsuit Against LA Gear
Footwear giant Skechers USA Inc has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against LA Gear amid claims it used its design in a competing line of less expensive footwear and its likeness could confuse shoppers, the LA Times reported on Thursday. According to the paper, Skechers said it has patents for the athletic sneaker, as well as Sport Noogies and Sport Gators shoes, and alleges LA Gear is using Skechers' logo and likeness to confuse consumers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth