USA: Skechers Footwear Does It Again With Britney Spears
Footwear brand Skechers USA Inc (NYSE:SKX) has signed a marketing agreement with pop star Britney Spears. Under the 18-month agreement, Skechers will have exclusive rights to international print advertising for footwear. Skechers has a full line of footwear for men, women, and kids; and, the Britney Spears advertising campaigns are designed to promote its products to teen girls in all of the countries and territories where the brand is distributed outside the United States. The partnership signifies the first business relationship between Spears and the footwear company. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. "We've been watching and supporting Britney's career since her first album was released. As we continue to build our brand internationally, we think that Britney will be key to enhancing Skechers' identity across Europe, Asia and the world," stated Robert Greenberg, company CEO and chairman of the board. Skechers USA Inc, a Manhattan Beach-based company, designs, develops and marketing lifestyle footwear for men, women, and children. The company offers a balanced assortment of basic and fashionable merchandise available in department stores and specialty retailers, as well as directly to consumers through company-owned Skechers stores, mail order and e-commerce. The company sells its product in more than 100 countries and territories throughout the world. For further information, visit the company's Web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective