UK: Skechers London Flagship Opening A Success
Skechers USA Inc, the lifestyle footwear company, today reported that the first week of business at the company's first international flagship store on Oxford Street in London, England, has exceeded expectations. "It was unbelievable. We opened the doors and it was like a vacuum with the number of people waiting to come in," began Gary Siegel, Skechers vice president director of retail, who was on hand for the opening on March 1, 2001. "On Saturday there seemed to be wall-to-wall people. At times there was a bottleneck just to enter the store."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack