USA: Skechers’ Michelle K Signs Fashion Licensing Agreement
Under the agreement, L'Koral Industries will produce a collection of trendy fashions for 24- to 36-year-old women designed to complement the Michelle K footwear line.
"There is a void in the marketplace for young contemporary lines created by female designers. Michelle K is the ideal brand to fill this void," said Faith Wall, vice president of licensing at Skechers USA.
"L'Koral, a $200 million dollar-plus company that has become one of the hottest players in the denim world with Seven For All Mankind jeans, is the company to do it with. They're experienced in the brand's target market, they produce top-quality product, and we believe they're the ideal apparel partner to capture Michelle K's trend-setting image."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar