US: Skechers' “remarkable year” ends in Q4 profit
- Q4 net profit US$4m, versus $57.7m loss
- Net sales up 39.7% to $395.6m
- CEO expects strong H1 in 2013
Footwear business Skechers returned to profit in the company’s fourth quarter and full-year results, ending what its CEO dubbed a “remarkable” year for the company.
A surge in sales in the fourth quarter restricted the full-year sales decline to 2.9%, reaching US$1.56bn, while Skechers recorded a full-year net profit of $9.5m, compared to a loss of $67.5m in 2011.
David Weinberg, Skechers COO and CFO, said there had been improvements across all revenue channels in the fourth quarter, highlighting 72% growth in the company’s domestic wholesale business.
Men’s and children’s footwear recorded double-digit growth, but were outstripped by triple-digit growth for women’s lines.
Describing 2012 as a “remarkable year”, CEO Robert Greenberg said: “Our focus and execution have translated into a strong fourth quarter, and as we continue to grow our businesses around the world, we believe this positive momentum will continue and we will experience a strong first half of 2013.”
Footwear company Skechers USA returned to profitability in its fiscal second quarter, thanks to a double-digit sales hike and rising margins....
LPP’s strategy concentrates on dynamic development in the Polish market, and successfully competing with multinationals. The company focuses on designing new collections within its brands, such as Res...
Refunds worth US$40m are being sent to Skechers USA customers who bought toning shoes that the footwear firm promoted through allegedly deceptive advertisements....
Footwear firm Skechers USA has swung to a first quarter profit, helped by strong sales of its lines for men, women and children....
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024