US: Skechers' “remarkable year” ends in Q4 profit
- Q4 net profit US$4m, versus $57.7m loss
- Net sales up 39.7% to $395.6m
- CEO expects strong H1 in 2013
Footwear business Skechers returned to profit in the company’s fourth quarter and full-year results, ending what its CEO dubbed a “remarkable” year for the company.
A surge in sales in the fourth quarter restricted the full-year sales decline to 2.9%, reaching US$1.56bn, while Skechers recorded a full-year net profit of $9.5m, compared to a loss of $67.5m in 2011.
David Weinberg, Skechers COO and CFO, said there had been improvements across all revenue channels in the fourth quarter, highlighting 72% growth in the company’s domestic wholesale business.
Men’s and children’s footwear recorded double-digit growth, but were outstripped by triple-digit growth for women’s lines.
Describing 2012 as a “remarkable year”, CEO Robert Greenberg said: “Our focus and execution have translated into a strong fourth quarter, and as we continue to grow our businesses around the world, we believe this positive momentum will continue and we will experience a strong first half of 2013.”
Footwear company Skechers USA returned to profitability in its fiscal second quarter, thanks to a double-digit sales hike and rising margins....
Refunds worth US$40m are being sent to Skechers USA customers who bought toning shoes that the footwear firm promoted through allegedly deceptive advertisements....
Footwear firm Skechers USA has swung to a first quarter profit, helped by strong sales of its lines for men, women and children....
A federal judge has approved a $40m settlement that will see footwear firm Skechers USA pay customer refunds to resolve what are described as "unfounded" advertising claims that its toning shoes would...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Hong Kong industry pins future on innovation
- US Q2 in brief: Guess, PVH, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019