US: Skechers' “remarkable year” ends in Q4 profit
- Q4 net profit US$4m, versus $57.7m loss
- Net sales up 39.7% to $395.6m
- CEO expects strong H1 in 2013
Footwear business Skechers returned to profit in the company’s fourth quarter and full-year results, ending what its CEO dubbed a “remarkable” year for the company.
A surge in sales in the fourth quarter restricted the full-year sales decline to 2.9%, reaching US$1.56bn, while Skechers recorded a full-year net profit of $9.5m, compared to a loss of $67.5m in 2011.
David Weinberg, Skechers COO and CFO, said there had been improvements across all revenue channels in the fourth quarter, highlighting 72% growth in the company’s domestic wholesale business.
Men’s and children’s footwear recorded double-digit growth, but were outstripped by triple-digit growth for women’s lines.
Describing 2012 as a “remarkable year”, CEO Robert Greenberg said: “Our focus and execution have translated into a strong fourth quarter, and as we continue to grow our businesses around the world, we believe this positive momentum will continue and we will experience a strong first half of 2013.”
Footwear company Skechers USA returned to profitability in its fiscal second quarter, thanks to a double-digit sales hike and rising margins....
Refunds worth US$40m are being sent to Skechers USA customers who bought toning shoes that the footwear firm promoted through allegedly deceptive advertisements....
Footwear firm Skechers USA has swung to a first quarter profit, helped by strong sales of its lines for men, women and children....
A federal judge has approved a $40m settlement that will see footwear firm Skechers USA pay customer refunds to resolve what are described as "unfounded" advertising claims that its toning shoes would...
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory