USA: Skechers Reports Year-End Backlog Up 83 Per Cent
SKECHERS USA, Inc, a footwearcompany, today announced that its backlog of incoming orders as of December 31, 2000 was $221.6m, 82 per cent ahead of $121.7m last year. This was achieved on top of a particularly strong increase of 62 per cent at the end of 1999. "Our Spring merchandise hit the mark with retail customers, fueling a record increase in year-end backlog," said Robert Greenberg, chairman and chief executive officer. "Consumer demand for the SKECHERS brand continues to drive strong sell-through across all of our product categories. We rounded out the year with a strong increase in sales for the fourth quarter at SKECHERS' stores, achieving a full-year comparable store sales gain of more than 20 per cent."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022