US: Skechers signs American Idol winner for endorsement
Skechers USA has signed recent American Idol winner David Cook to a global endorsement agreement.
It is the footwear company's first male celebrity since 2002, when actor Robert Downey Jr was the face of its global brand.
With exclusive worldwide rights to advertise footwear using Cook's image until December 2009, Skechers will feature the 25-year-old singer in a campaign launching in Fall '08 and including print, outdoor and in-store.
"I have always viewed Skechers as a cool company, so I am excited to be a part of their campaign," said Cook.
"We are thrilled that David will be representing Skechers in our marketing campaigns around the world," stated Michael Greenberg, president of Skechers. "As a dynamic performer with a friendly, approachable personality, he's a perfect fit for the Skechers brand and an exciting next step for our tradition of successful partnerships with emerging music stars."
Greenberg continued: "The crossing-over of fashion and music is beneficial to both industries, and benefits the stars and the brands associated with them. For this reason, we have invested in such phenomenal stars as Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Carrie Underwood, Ashlee Simpson, and now, David Cook."
The global endorsement agreement was signed with 19 Merchandising Limited on behalf of Cook, a statement said.
Footwear companies Crocs and Skechers have agreed to settle all outstanding worldwide litigation, including a US District Court action in Colorado, with Skechers agreeing to shelve some of its moulded...
Wheeled footwear maker Heelys Inc, which on Wednesday (5 November) said it is exploring strategic options for the business, has seen its third quarter profit slump after sales more than halved....
Wheeled footwear maker Heelys said it has retained financial advisor Houlihan Lokey to help the firm evaluate its strategic options....
Footwear company Skechers has posted third quarter net earnings of US$28.3m compared to $24.7m in the third quarter of 2007, reflecting a tax benefit agreement lowering its annual tax rate from 34% to...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report