USA: Skechers Signs First Apparel Licensing Partnership
The company has teamed up with the New York-based firm for a new range of branded boys’ and girls’ activewear and sportswear in the US. The new line includes outerwear and headwear and will be launched for the 2003 back-to-school selling season.
Skechers said in a news release Kids Headquarters will design and distribute children's tops and bottoms in denim, woven and knit materials, as well as coordinating outerwear and headwear using select Skechers logos.
"Skechers Kids apparel is an exciting new 'growth spurt' opportunity - both for our company as well as children who love Skechers footwear," said Skechers president Michael Greenberg.
"The new Skechers apparel will enable boys and girls to dress from head to toe in Skechers-branded items as they grow into our adult footwear lines, and is an excellent entree for Skechers into the apparel industry as we look to explore additional apparel licensing avenues among our diverse product lines."
He continued: "We believe that Skechers Kids' success as one of the country's top-selling brands is a result of our attention to children's needs - both in regards to trend-setting styles as well as designs that cater to their size and activities.
"By offering an array of apparel choices for children, we will add even more dimension to what has been a tremendously successful line since its inception."
Financial details of the deal were not revealed.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective