US: Skechers signs Joe Montana for endorsement deal
US footwear firm Skechers has signed a worldwide endorsement deal with former American Football quarterback Joe Montana to promote its Shape-ups fitness footwear until 2010.
The endorsement deal will span all media, including print, television, and outdoor, a statement said.
"I truly believe in this product, which is why I'm looking forward to working with Skechers and sharing my Shape-ups experience with the world," said Joe Montana. "I spent 16 years on a football field -- it was an amazing time, but also pushed my body to its limit. Since I started walking in Shape-ups, I have noticed an improvement in my core strength, and the pressure on my back and knees has eased."
Shape-ups are technical walking shoes designed to promote weight loss, tone muscles and improve posture with a kinetic wedge midsole that simulates walking on a soft surface like sand.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Sportswear company Asics has filed a lawsuit in the US against rival firm Skechers over the stripe designs on its footwear....
Footwear company Skechers USA recorded a huge increase in first quarter profit thanks to a 43.5% surge in sales....
Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger was in attendance as footwear company Skechers USA broke ground on its new distribution centre....
Killick Datta, chairman and chief executive officer of International Brand Partners LLC, has taken over the reins as chairman of the board of directors of the American Apparel & Footwear Association (...
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack