US: Skechers signs Joe Montana for endorsement deal
US footwear firm Skechers has signed a worldwide endorsement deal with former American Football quarterback Joe Montana to promote its Shape-ups fitness footwear until 2010.
The endorsement deal will span all media, including print, television, and outdoor, a statement said.
"I truly believe in this product, which is why I'm looking forward to working with Skechers and sharing my Shape-ups experience with the world," said Joe Montana. "I spent 16 years on a football field -- it was an amazing time, but also pushed my body to its limit. Since I started walking in Shape-ups, I have noticed an improvement in my core strength, and the pressure on my back and knees has eased."
Shape-ups are technical walking shoes designed to promote weight loss, tone muscles and improve posture with a kinetic wedge midsole that simulates walking on a soft surface like sand.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Sportswear company Asics has filed a lawsuit in the US against rival firm Skechers over the stripe designs on its footwear....
Footwear company Skechers USA recorded a huge increase in first quarter profit thanks to a 43.5% surge in sales....
Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger was in attendance as footwear company Skechers USA broke ground on its new distribution centre....
Killick Datta, chairman and chief executive officer of International Brand Partners LLC, has taken over the reins as chairman of the board of directors of the American Apparel & Footwear Association (...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022