USA: SKECHERS USA Appoints Two New Directors
Skechers USA, Inc (NYSE:SKX), the lifestyle footwear company, has appointed Robert Siegel and Jeffrey Greenberg to its board of directors, expanding the size of the board to seven members.Robert Siegel is president of Siegel Associates, a consulting firm to the apparel, footwear and retail industries. Prior to founding Siegel Associates in 1998, he spent five years as chairman, CEO and president of the Stride Rite Corporation (NYSE:SRR), a marketer of footwear with annual sales of more than $570m. From 1964 to 1993, Mr Siegel held various positions with Levi Strauss & Co, including president of designer brands, president of Levi's menswear and president of Dockers. He currently serves on the boards of McNaughton Apparel Group (NASDAQ:MAGI), The Bon Ton Stores (NASDAQ:BONT) and Joe Boxer Corporation.Jeffrey Greenberg has been with Skechers since its inception in 1992 and currently serves as vice president, Electronic Media, a position he has held since 1998. Previously, Mr Greenberg held positions as CFO, COO and secretary of the company. Prior to joining Skechers, Mr Greenberg spent two years at L.A. Gear, where he was involved in operations and marketing.Commenting on the appointments, Robert Greenberg, chairman and CEO, said: "We are extremely pleased to welcome Bob and Jeff to the board. Bob's expertise in footwear, brand building and wholesale distribution will be invaluable as we prepare for Skechers' next level of growth and worldwide expansion. Jeff has been with the organization since our founding in 1992 and has played a key role in developing and marketing the Skechers brand over the years. We look forward to his continued insight and contributions as a member of the board."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016