USA: SKECHERS USA Appoints Two New Directors
Skechers USA, Inc (NYSE:SKX), the lifestyle footwear company, has appointed Robert Siegel and Jeffrey Greenberg to its board of directors, expanding the size of the board to seven members.Robert Siegel is president of Siegel Associates, a consulting firm to the apparel, footwear and retail industries. Prior to founding Siegel Associates in 1998, he spent five years as chairman, CEO and president of the Stride Rite Corporation (NYSE:SRR), a marketer of footwear with annual sales of more than $570m. From 1964 to 1993, Mr Siegel held various positions with Levi Strauss & Co, including president of designer brands, president of Levi's menswear and president of Dockers. He currently serves on the boards of McNaughton Apparel Group (NASDAQ:MAGI), The Bon Ton Stores (NASDAQ:BONT) and Joe Boxer Corporation.Jeffrey Greenberg has been with Skechers since its inception in 1992 and currently serves as vice president, Electronic Media, a position he has held since 1998. Previously, Mr Greenberg held positions as CFO, COO and secretary of the company. Prior to joining Skechers, Mr Greenberg spent two years at L.A. Gear, where he was involved in operations and marketing.Commenting on the appointments, Robert Greenberg, chairman and CEO, said: "We are extremely pleased to welcome Bob and Jeff to the board. Bob's expertise in footwear, brand building and wholesale distribution will be invaluable as we prepare for Skechers' next level of growth and worldwide expansion. Jeff has been with the organization since our founding in 1992 and has played a key role in developing and marketing the Skechers brand over the years. We look forward to his continued insight and contributions as a member of the board."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack