USA: SKECHERS USA Appoints Two New Directors
Skechers USA, Inc (NYSE:SKX), the lifestyle footwear company, has appointed Robert Siegel and Jeffrey Greenberg to its board of directors, expanding the size of the board to seven members.Robert Siegel is president of Siegel Associates, a consulting firm to the apparel, footwear and retail industries. Prior to founding Siegel Associates in 1998, he spent five years as chairman, CEO and president of the Stride Rite Corporation (NYSE:SRR), a marketer of footwear with annual sales of more than $570m. From 1964 to 1993, Mr Siegel held various positions with Levi Strauss & Co, including president of designer brands, president of Levi's menswear and president of Dockers. He currently serves on the boards of McNaughton Apparel Group (NASDAQ:MAGI), The Bon Ton Stores (NASDAQ:BONT) and Joe Boxer Corporation.Jeffrey Greenberg has been with Skechers since its inception in 1992 and currently serves as vice president, Electronic Media, a position he has held since 1998. Previously, Mr Greenberg held positions as CFO, COO and secretary of the company. Prior to joining Skechers, Mr Greenberg spent two years at L.A. Gear, where he was involved in operations and marketing.Commenting on the appointments, Robert Greenberg, chairman and CEO, said: "We are extremely pleased to welcome Bob and Jeff to the board. Bob's expertise in footwear, brand building and wholesale distribution will be invaluable as we prepare for Skechers' next level of growth and worldwide expansion. Jeff has been with the organization since our founding in 1992 and has played a key role in developing and marketing the Skechers brand over the years. We look forward to his continued insight and contributions as a member of the board."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts