USA: SKECHERS USA Appoints Two New Directors
Robert Siegel is president of Siegel Associates, a consulting firm to the apparel, footwear and retail industries. Prior to founding Siegel Associates in 1998, he spent five years as chairman, CEO and president of the Stride Rite Corporation (NYSE:SRR), a marketer of footwear with annual sales of more than $570m. From 1964 to 1993, Mr Siegel held various positions with Levi Strauss & Co, including president of designer brands, president of Levi's menswear and president of Dockers. He currently serves on the boards of McNaughton Apparel Group (NASDAQ:MAGI), The Bon Ton Stores (NASDAQ:BONT) and Joe Boxer Corporation.
Jeffrey Greenberg has been with Skechers since its inception in 1992 and currently serves as vice president, Electronic Media, a position he has held since 1998. Previously, Mr Greenberg held positions as CFO, COO and secretary of the company. Prior to joining Skechers, Mr Greenberg spent two years at L.A. Gear, where he was involved in operations and marketing.
Commenting on the appointments, Robert Greenberg, chairman and CEO, said: "We are extremely pleased to welcome Bob and Jeff to the board. Bob's expertise in footwear, brand building and wholesale distribution will be invaluable as we prepare for Skechers' next level of growth and worldwide expansion. Jeff has been with the organization since our founding in 1992 and has played a key role in developing and marketing the Skechers brand over the years. We look forward to his continued insight and contributions as a member of the board."
About Skechers USA
SKECHERS USA, Inc., a Manhattan Beach-based company, designs, develops and markets lifestyle footwear for men, women and children. The company offers a balanced assortment of basic and fashionable merchandise available in department stores and specialty retailers, as well as directly to consumers through company-owned Skechers stores, mail order and e-commerce. The company sells its products in more than 100 countries and territories throughout the world. For further information visit the company's website at www.skechers.com.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss & Co is launching a super-premium range of apparel in conjunction with a foundation paying homage to pop-culture artist Andy Warhol....
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss has named Tim Larcombe, who quit sportswear major adidas last week, as general manager of its UK and Ireland businesses....
Jeans wear giant Levi Strauss & Co has won a ruling which will help its campaign against garment maker Vogue Traders Clothing Co, which allegedly copied its denim goods....
Casual clothing giant Levi Strauss & Co has reported a leap in second-quarter profit due to expense controls offsetting sales slumps....
A Mexican appeals court has reversed a ruling that jeans maker Levi Strauss & Co was guilty of misguidedly targeting an ex-contractor as part of a clampdown on counterfeiting....
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss and Co is relaunching its Dockers brand in the Indian market with 'never-iron' 100 per cent cotton trousers....
Casual apparel company Levi Strauss & Co has named John Goodman as president of the US Dockers business, effective 6 June....
Apparel and soft goods marketer Kellwood Company has named Michael Saunders as its chief information officer....
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Target Corp, Foot Locker
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022