BELGIUM: Skechers USA to expand European DC
The Skechers facility receives goods arriving from China
Footwear firm Skechers USA is to expand its European distribution centre in Belgium by an additional 25,000 m2, making it the largest company-operated DC in the Walloon Region.
On completion, the DC will cover 70,000 m2 and builds on an upgrade of the facility, which took place late last year.
"Thanks to the success of our business in the region supported by the EDC, additional space is needed for future storage and operational requirements," said Sophie Houtmeyers, Skechers EDC VP of distribution operations. "This extension will give us more flexibility for the future.
"Combined with new automation technologies that we expect to completely install by the end of 2014, these investments will allow us to expand operations in the execution of our European logistics."
The facility receives goods arriving from China, via the port of Antwerp, for redistribution to European markets.
Skechers last week posted more record figures in the second quarter, boosted by a 37% revenue surge and slight margin uplift.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts