RUSSIA: Skiing Champion Set To Sue Adidas For $1m
Russian skiing champion Yulia Chepalova will next week file a $1 million lawsuit against German sportswear giant Adidas for alleging using her name without her permission.
Reports in Moscow say Chepalova will hold a press conference next week to outline her case in which she claims Adidas unlawfully used her name and image to promote its products.
Her lawyers claim such "illegal" use has been going on for four years and has hurt her relations with other sponsors.
Adidas has yet to comment on the allegations.
Although Ukraine has the potential to be the top East European clothing supplier to Western Europe, the industry's growth is hampered by a lack of foreign investment. But this could be about to change...
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Sportswear company Adidas-Salomon AG has agreed a long-term design deal with car manufacturer Porsche AG's Design unit....
Sportswear giant adidas' American subsidiary has named Russ Hopcus as senior vice president of sales....
Sportswear giant Adidas-Salomon AG says it plans to record football-related sales of more than €1 billion in 2006, with percentage growth in the two-digit range....
Sportswear company Adidas-Salomon AG, which this week announced it was selling its Salomon winter sports goods arm, says it predicts sales and profits to continue to rise during 2006, Dow Jones report...
Knit and apparel maker Fanco says the termination of its supply deal with sportswear giant Adidas will cause a €6.0 million loss in 2005....
Sportswear giant Adidas-Salomon AG has lost out in a feud over whether athletes can wear garments featuring its three-stripe logo at the Olympic Games....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Where next for retailers in a saturated market?
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Inventory risk shifts in favour of retailers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020