UK: Skills grants for women workers in fashion and textiles
Women workers in the British fashion and textiles industry are being offered extra training to develop their skills and climb the career ladder to higher-level jobs.
The special initiative called Women & Work is run by Skillfast-UK, the Sector Skills Council for fashion and textiles, and its aim is to increase earning potential and raise recruitment levels in sectors where women are under-represented.
Grants of up to GBP600 (US$992) are available for each female employee.
The programme is open to all sizes of company - and major names such as Courtaulds and Per Una are among the larger firms who have already benefited from earlier phases of the scheme.
So far 1600 women have improved their skills under the Women & Work programme, which is open to fashion and textiles businesses, and their employees, based in England.
Marks and Spencer director Kate Bostock has stuck by the company's clothing strategy and hailed the recent launch of its Indigo brand....
It has been a tough 18 months for Marks & Spencer, but better-than-expected sales figures revealed today (30 September) suggest the worst could at last be over for Britain's biggest clothing retailer....
Today brought the much-anticipated announcement of who would replace Marks and Spencer (M&S) boss Sir Stuart Rose, with Marc Bolland to become the retailer's new CEO....
Young people are far more likely to want to working in the fashion and textile industry if they know more about the types of careers available, according to a new survey - with a new campaign now plan...
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020