USA: Skinner Leaves Oxford Shirts For Kellwood Menswear
Kellwood Company has named Robert C. Skinner president of its menswear division, according to Hal J. Upbin, Kellwood chairman, president and chief executive officer.Prior to Kellwood, Skinner was president of Oxford Shirt Group for 13 years, and vice president of Oxford Industries for the past two years. A veteran of Oxford Industries, Skinner has spent most of his career with the company, specialising in sales, merchandising, sourcing and new business opportunities.As president of Kellwood menswear, Skinner will oversee all men's branded and private label business, including the licensed Nautica and Slates product. Based in New York, Skinner reports to Upbin."Bob has built an excellent reputation for himself at Oxford, attributable to his business savvy and excellent leadership skills. Under his direction, the company has enjoyed expanded distribution efforts, successful new business launches and highly-developed sourcing strategies," Upbin said. "We are proud to announce Bob's arrival to the Kellwood team as he takes on his new duties as head of our menswear business."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022