US: Skins Inc to partner with Vibram for footwear launch
Footwear company Skins Inc is teaming up with sole manufacturer Vibram for the development of its new shoe concept, which is due to launch in spring 2007.
Skins is in the process of developing an innovative two-part, interchangeable footwear structure that consists of an outer collapsible 'Skin' and an inner orthopaedic support section called the 'Bone.'
Consumers will be able to purchase one inner section, the Bone, and numerous outer 'Skins' so that multiple style variations are possible.
Skins says its new concept will encourage consumers to frequently change their footwear in the same way they continually update their apparel wardrobe.
The Hugo Boss fashion group posted increased sales by 14% to EUR1.50bn (US$1.95bn) in fiscal 2006, compared to EUR1.31bn in 2005....
Italian design house Giorgio Armani has no plans to float in the foreseeable future, a company spokeswoman has told just-style....
Top fashion designer Giorgio Armani has become the first to broadcast a haute couture fashion show live on the internet....
Fashion firm Prada has indicated plans to offer shares to the public next year on the back of 10% growth during 2006....
Lifestyle brand maker John Varvatos Enterprises has appointed Rebecca Blair as president, effective mid-January 2007....
Robbers have stolen more than US$1m (GBP506,862) of stock from a Prada warehouse in Honolulu, Hawaii....
Italian fashion firm Prada is to offload a 5% equity stake to Banca Intesa and is also reportedly considering a listing in 2008....
Luxury firm Prada has taken on Agostino Ropolo, former head of LVMH's fashion and leather in Italy, to oversee an international expansion of the Church's brand....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"