FRANCE: Skiwear firm Fusalp sold to Lacoste family members
French luxury skiwear and clothing firm Fusalp has been acquired by Lacoste family members Philippe and Sophie Lacoste, along with the former executive director Alexandre Fauvet.
The firm has been owned by Joël Gleyze for the past 30 years.
The grandchildren of Lacoste's founder have taken a 77.6% stake in Fusalp, which was created in 1952, with Favet holding 8% of the capital. Management fund, Midi Capital has held a 12.4% stake since June last year.
Last year Fusalp created a "premium" collection - 'Fusalp 1952' - offering high-definition iridescent fabrics for women and matt shape-memory fabrics for men.
Philippe Lacoste, who becomes Fusalp's chairman, says he's looking to bring the company "to the forefront again [in the segment] as part of a long-term vision
but without changing everything."
Fusalp acheived a break-even performance in 2013 from turnover of EUR8m (US$10.9m).
JD Sports Fashion majority shareholder Pentland Brands posted an improved full-year profit as revenues rose 10% in the 12 months to 31 December....
The return of fashionable hats and caps, including in shocking colours, both amongst men and women, had a healthy impact on the category....
As part of ongoing efforts to accelerate global growth, US clothing and footwear business Wolverine Worldwide has promoted company veteran James Zwiers to president of its International Group....
Tights are no longer just a garment to fight against low temperatures. They are now increasingly chosen as a relevant item to complement a women’s outfit. Women look to wear creative and sexy tights e...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam