AUSTRALIA: 'Skully' Jerseys Resurface For Olympics
The 2000 edition of the original "Lithuanian Olympics tie dye basketball jerseys" has been reissued for this summer, authorised by its original artist for Sydney, Australia. The jerseys have been released this year, as an exclusive from Slammin' Sports, as a special collector's edition, to commemorate the Millennium Olympic year in Sydney, Australia. The original tie dyed jerseys gained international attention during the 1992 Barcelona Olympics when they were worn by the Lithuanian Olympic basketball team at the closing medal awards ceremonies, and featured the original slam dunking skeleton, character "Skully". "Skully", aka Skullman, - is coming out of retirement to adorn the new 2000 edition tie dye t-shirt, which celebrates the Olympics in Sydney. The new Sydney, Australia edition is an exclusive release of the original tie dye jerseys, with the back of the shirt imprinted with the brand name: "Lithuanian Millennium 2000," and the trademarked "slam-dunking skeleton 'Skully'", adorning the front. "The 2000 edition will give those who missed out during the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, another chance to own a part of the history, now as a 2000 version for Sydney, Australia," said Greg Speirs, president of Slammin' Sports Co. The shirts will be individually signed and numbered by the original artist through the Olympic season, which may enhance their value as collectibles. To learn more, visit the website at:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack