AUSTRALIA: 'Skully' Jerseys Resurface For Olympics
The 2000 edition of the original "Lithuanian Olympics tie dye basketball jerseys" has been reissued for this summer, authorised by its original artist for Sydney, Australia. The jerseys have been released this year, as an exclusive from Slammin' Sports, as a special collector's edition, to commemorate the Millennium Olympic year in Sydney, Australia. The original tie dyed jerseys gained international attention during the 1992 Barcelona Olympics when they were worn by the Lithuanian Olympic basketball team at the closing medal awards ceremonies, and featured the original slam dunking skeleton, character "Skully". "Skully", aka Skullman, - is coming out of retirement to adorn the new 2000 edition tie dye t-shirt, which celebrates the Olympics in Sydney. The new Sydney, Australia edition is an exclusive release of the original tie dye jerseys, with the back of the shirt imprinted with the brand name: "Lithuanian Millennium 2000," and the trademarked "slam-dunking skeleton 'Skully'", adorning the front. "The 2000 edition will give those who missed out during the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, another chance to own a part of the history, now as a 2000 version for Sydney, Australia," said Greg Speirs, president of Slammin' Sports Co. The shirts will be individually signed and numbered by the original artist through the Olympic season, which may enhance their value as collectibles. To learn more, visit the website at:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020