AUSTRALIA: 'Skully' Jerseys Resurface For Olympics
The jerseys have been released this year, as an exclusive from Slammin' Sports, as a special collector's edition, to commemorate the Millennium Olympic year in Sydney, Australia.
The original tie dyed jerseys gained international attention during the 1992 Barcelona Olympics when they were worn by the Lithuanian Olympic basketball team at the closing medal awards ceremonies, and featured the original slam dunking skeleton, character "Skully".
"Skully", aka Skullman, - is coming out of retirement to adorn the new 2000 edition tie dye t-shirt, which celebrates the Olympics in Sydney.
The new Sydney, Australia edition is an exclusive release of the original tie dye jerseys, with the back of the shirt imprinted with the brand name: "Lithuanian Millennium 2000," and the trademarked "slam-dunking skeleton 'Skully'", adorning the front.
"The 2000 edition will give those who missed out during the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, another chance to own a part of the history, now as a 2000 version for Sydney, Australia," said Greg Speirs, president of Slammin' Sports Co.
The shirts will be individually signed and numbered by the original artist through the Olympic season, which may enhance their value as collectibles. To learn more, visit the website at: www.skullman.com.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Dillard's, Macy's, Walmart
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar