VIETNAM: Small Garment Firms Missing Out On Exports
Many medium-sized and small textile businesses in Vietnam are missing out on the recent boom in lucrative export orders as their facilities are not big enough, a leading industry figure said on Wednesday. Vietnam Garment and Textile Corporation (Vinatex) chairman, Le Quoc An, said smaller firms were struggling to win orders as they often can't meet the requirements of buyers in terms of production scale and equipment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"