NETHERLANDS: Smartrac develops compact RFID tag inlay
A new, small format RFID tag has been introduced for item-level tagging by apparel retailers.
The Smartrac WebLite inlay has an antenna size of just 46mm x 15mm and can be used when RFID-tagged items are stacked in close proximity to each other.
Describing the product as "an important next step for item level identification in retail," Michael Teitelbaum, CEO of R-Pac International Corporation, adds: "Reduced tag size without compromise in performance has become very important."
R-Pac has worked with Smartrac to bring the product to market.
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Colombia faces challenges in fashion export drive
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024