CANADA: Soaring Q2 Sales Boost Le Chateau Profit By $2.3m
Clothing retailer Le Chateau Inc on Friday posted a huge jump in second quarter net profit to C$2.4 million from C$105,000 in the year-ago period as it was boosted by higher sales at its Canadian and US stores. The Montreal-based operator of 153 outlets said sales jumped 20.9 per cent to C$51.6m from C$42.7m and same-store sales surged 24 per cent as shoppers aged 15-35 snapped up its merchandise.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores