AUSTRALIA: Soccer Players In Kangaroo Leather Row
Animal rights protestors have launched a campaign against some of the world's top soccer stars playing in the World Cup for wearing boots made out of Australian kangaroo leather. Members of English animal rights group Vegetarians International Voice for Animals (Viva!) have written to players including David Beckham and Fabien Barthez saying that kangaroos are killed inhumanely after being captured alive.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Tailored Brands, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth