USA: Sock Maker Gold Toe Axes Jobs In Mexican Move
Up to 125 workers at sock manufacturer Gold Toe Brands Inc are set to lose their jobs after executives unveiled plans to transfer most of its finishing operations to Mexico.
The North Carolina-based company said in a statement around 230 employees will be affected by the production shift later this year but many would be offered jobs elsewhere in the firm.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth