UK: Sock maker Roy Lowe adds planning tool to UK push
Sock manufacturer Roy Lowe & Sons is to begin manufacturing in the UK again as part of efforts to build on increased demand for quick response and the current trend towards 'Made in the UK'.
The Nottinghamshire based company, which supplies socks, hats, gloves and scarves to major high street retailers and supermarkets, ceased manufacturing in 2006 and turned to importing from China and Turkey instead.
But it has now launched a new range of high performance technical socks called SockMine - and is looking to reduce lead times to less than four weeks, according to director Louise Lowe.
As part of its efforts, the company is implementing Fast React's Evolve solution to help give maximum visibility and control - including detailed, machine level planning boards, pre-production critical path, raw material stock control and materials requirement planning and a range of key management reports.
This will complement the Vision e-PLM system already in place for range planning, new product development, managing technical packs, purchase orders and cash commitment.
The systems will be interfaced to help Roy Lowe become more streamlined with its processes.
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
Design, innovation, development and sourcing business The S Group has selected CGS's BlueCherry ERP and PLM solutions to increase visibility and efficiency across all of its departments....
Spanish footwear manufacturer Mascaró has selected Centric Software's Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to enhance visibility and increase efficiency throughout its product development proce...
RLM Apparel Software Systems has added new and enhanced capabilities to its FashionManager enterprise software solution, designed to accelerate business processes and improve operational efficiencies....
Spanish fashion brand Encuentro Moda has implemented Gerber Technology's YuniquePLM to help improve speed to market for its apparel and accessory lines....
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Comment: TPP winners and losers
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- US apparel retailers' September 2015 sales roundup
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Change at Banana Republic as Gap sales fall
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Unions discuss strike action over Cambodia wage
- Vietnam seen biggest beneficiary of TPP trade pact
- Under Armour to open SEAMS Conference
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA (MC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review