UK: Sock maker Roy Lowe adds planning tool to UK push
Sock manufacturer Roy Lowe & Sons is to begin manufacturing in the UK again as part of efforts to build on increased demand for quick response and the current trend towards 'Made in the UK'.
The Nottinghamshire based company, which supplies socks, hats, gloves and scarves to major high street retailers and supermarkets, ceased manufacturing in 2006 and turned to importing from China and Turkey instead.
But it has now launched a new range of high performance technical socks called SockMine - and is looking to reduce lead times to less than four weeks, according to director Louise Lowe.
As part of its efforts, the company is implementing Fast React's Evolve solution to help give maximum visibility and control - including detailed, machine level planning boards, pre-production critical path, raw material stock control and materials requirement planning and a range of key management reports.
This will complement the Vision e-PLM system already in place for range planning, new product development, managing technical packs, purchase orders and cash commitment.
The systems will be interfaced to help Roy Lowe become more streamlined with its processes.
Design, innovation, development and sourcing business The S Group has selected CGS's BlueCherry ERP and PLM solutions to increase visibility and efficiency across all of its departments....
Spanish footwear manufacturer Mascaró has selected Centric Software's Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to enhance visibility and increase efficiency throughout its product development proce...
RLM Apparel Software Systems has added new and enhanced capabilities to its FashionManager enterprise software solution, designed to accelerate business processes and improve operational efficiencies....
Spanish fashion brand Encuentro Moda has implemented Gerber Technology's YuniquePLM to help improve speed to market for its apparel and accessory lines....
Royal Blue brand owner and private label producer BM Merchandising Co (BM Group) is implementing Simparel's cloud-based enterprise solution to support its growth and streamline operations....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- UK must act with urgency to cut Brexit uncertainty
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts