UK: Sock maker Roy Lowe adds planning tool to UK push
Sock manufacturer Roy Lowe & Sons is to begin manufacturing in the UK again as part of efforts to build on increased demand for quick response and the current trend towards 'Made in the UK'.
The Nottinghamshire based company, which supplies socks, hats, gloves and scarves to major high street retailers and supermarkets, ceased manufacturing in 2006 and turned to importing from China and Turkey instead.
But it has now launched a new range of high performance technical socks called SockMine - and is looking to reduce lead times to less than four weeks, according to director Louise Lowe.
As part of its efforts, the company is implementing Fast React's Evolve solution to help give maximum visibility and control - including detailed, machine level planning boards, pre-production critical path, raw material stock control and materials requirement planning and a range of key management reports.
This will complement the Vision e-PLM system already in place for range planning, new product development, managing technical packs, purchase orders and cash commitment.
The systems will be interfaced to help Roy Lowe become more streamlined with its processes.
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
Design, innovation, development and sourcing business The S Group has selected CGS's BlueCherry ERP and PLM solutions to increase visibility and efficiency across all of its departments....
Spanish footwear manufacturer Mascaró has selected Centric Software's Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to enhance visibility and increase efficiency throughout its product development proce...
RLM Apparel Software Systems has added new and enhanced capabilities to its FashionManager enterprise software solution, designed to accelerate business processes and improve operational efficiencies....
Spanish fashion brand Encuentro Moda has implemented Gerber Technology's YuniquePLM to help improve speed to market for its apparel and accessory lines....
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead