UK: Sock maker Roy Lowe adds planning tool to UK push
Sock manufacturer Roy Lowe & Sons is to begin manufacturing in the UK again as part of efforts to build on increased demand for quick response and the current trend towards 'Made in the UK'.
The Nottinghamshire based company, which supplies socks, hats, gloves and scarves to major high street retailers and supermarkets, ceased manufacturing in 2006 and turned to importing from China and Turkey instead.
But it has now launched a new range of high performance technical socks called SockMine - and is looking to reduce lead times to less than four weeks, according to director Louise Lowe.
As part of its efforts, the company is implementing Fast React's Evolve solution to help give maximum visibility and control - including detailed, machine level planning boards, pre-production critical path, raw material stock control and materials requirement planning and a range of key management reports.
This will complement the Vision e-PLM system already in place for range planning, new product development, managing technical packs, purchase orders and cash commitment.
The systems will be interfaced to help Roy Lowe become more streamlined with its processes.
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
Design, innovation, development and sourcing business The S Group has selected CGS's BlueCherry ERP and PLM solutions to increase visibility and efficiency across all of its departments....
Spanish footwear manufacturer Mascaró has selected Centric Software's Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to enhance visibility and increase efficiency throughout its product development proce...
RLM Apparel Software Systems has added new and enhanced capabilities to its FashionManager enterprise software solution, designed to accelerate business processes and improve operational efficiencies....
Spanish fashion brand Encuentro Moda has implemented Gerber Technology's YuniquePLM to help improve speed to market for its apparel and accessory lines....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020