UK: Sock maker Roy Lowe adds planning tool to UK push
Sock manufacturer Roy Lowe & Sons is to begin manufacturing in the UK again as part of efforts to build on increased demand for quick response and the current trend towards 'Made in the UK'.
The Nottinghamshire based company, which supplies socks, hats, gloves and scarves to major high street retailers and supermarkets, ceased manufacturing in 2006 and turned to importing from China and Turkey instead.
But it has now launched a new range of high performance technical socks called SockMine - and is looking to reduce lead times to less than four weeks, according to director Louise Lowe.
As part of its efforts, the company is implementing Fast React's Evolve solution to help give maximum visibility and control - including detailed, machine level planning boards, pre-production critical path, raw material stock control and materials requirement planning and a range of key management reports.
This will complement the Vision e-PLM system already in place for range planning, new product development, managing technical packs, purchase orders and cash commitment.
The systems will be interfaced to help Roy Lowe become more streamlined with its processes.
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems provide increasingly sophisticated tools for getting the right products to market at the right time - with current trends including more integration with ERP...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of 'product lifecycle management' (PLM) and 'enterprise resource planning' (ERP) systems....
This report includes new information on the latest developments in: cosmetotextiles; e-commerce technology; environmentally friendly apparel, fibres, and finishing treatments; fabrics for performance ...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at how clothing is likely to remain a focus for Tesco despite its upcoming CEO change, a snapshot of Myanmar's textile and apparel industry...
PTC is to acquire privately-held Axeda Corp for US$170m in a move that will help the software solution provider expand its Internet of Things (IoT) portfolio....
Brazilian fashion brand Kaue Plus Size has deployed WFX's integrated product lifecycle management (PLM) solution to enable more visibility across its business....
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Macy’s increases sustainability efforts
- Wal-Mart replaces US division chief
- AAFA urges Senate to modify Bangladesh provisions
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges