US: Software plugin takes 3D clothing design to film makers
A new plugin that enables 3D designers, photographers, film makers, animators and illustrators to visualise the drape of virtual fabric has been launched as part of a free software package from DAZ|Studio.
The Draper, Utah-based company has teamed up with OptiTex, Ltd, which specialises in software for the textile and fashion industry, to show users how altering the fabric type, the number of buttons opened, and garment size changes the look of a virtual garment.
The Dynamic Clothing Player plugin is due to be released soon in DAZ 3D's online store and will be available for free download, although there will be a charge for an extended set of controls over cloth properties, wind, and gravity. A dynamic clothing creation tool, the Dynamic Clothing Designer, is also in development and will be released later this summer.
OptiTex has launched a new and updated 3D male avatar to help men's wear designers and manufacturers try out their designs in a virtual sampling process before moving to production....
New tools for design and product development have been launched by Zweave Inc as part of its on-demand product suite which is available by annual subscription....
Software developer OptiTex has released a new 3D tool to help designers, product development teams and customers create on-screen catwalk shows so that garments can be evaluated before sample making o...
Body armour maker ArmorSmith has signed a two year subscription agreement for Zweave Inc's design automation software, which will help it manage product development data associated with the research a...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015