US: Software plugin takes 3D clothing design to film makers
A new plugin that enables 3D designers, photographers, film makers, animators and illustrators to visualise the drape of virtual fabric has been launched as part of a free software package from DAZ|Studio.
The Draper, Utah-based company has teamed up with OptiTex, Ltd, which specialises in software for the textile and fashion industry, to show users how altering the fabric type, the number of buttons opened, and garment size changes the look of a virtual garment.
The Dynamic Clothing Player plugin is due to be released soon in DAZ 3D's online store and will be available for free download, although there will be a charge for an extended set of controls over cloth properties, wind, and gravity. A dynamic clothing creation tool, the Dynamic Clothing Designer, is also in development and will be released later this summer.
OptiTex has launched a new and updated 3D male avatar to help men's wear designers and manufacturers try out their designs in a virtual sampling process before moving to production....
New tools for design and product development have been launched by Zweave Inc as part of its on-demand product suite which is available by annual subscription....
Software developer OptiTex has released a new 3D tool to help designers, product development teams and customers create on-screen catwalk shows so that garments can be evaluated before sample making o...
Body armour maker ArmorSmith has signed a two year subscription agreement for Zweave Inc's design automation software, which will help it manage product development data associated with the research a...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis