US: Software plugin takes 3D clothing design to film makers
A new plugin that enables 3D designers, photographers, film makers, animators and illustrators to visualise the drape of virtual fabric has been launched as part of a free software package from DAZ|Studio.
The Draper, Utah-based company has teamed up with OptiTex, Ltd, which specialises in software for the textile and fashion industry, to show users how altering the fabric type, the number of buttons opened, and garment size changes the look of a virtual garment.
The Dynamic Clothing Player plugin is due to be released soon in DAZ 3D's online store and will be available for free download, although there will be a charge for an extended set of controls over cloth properties, wind, and gravity. A dynamic clothing creation tool, the Dynamic Clothing Designer, is also in development and will be released later this summer.
OptiTex has launched a new and updated 3D male avatar to help men's wear designers and manufacturers try out their designs in a virtual sampling process before moving to production....
New tools for design and product development have been launched by Zweave Inc as part of its on-demand product suite which is available by annual subscription....
Software developer OptiTex has released a new 3D tool to help designers, product development teams and customers create on-screen catwalk shows so that garments can be evaluated before sample making o...
Body armour maker ArmorSmith has signed a two year subscription agreement for Zweave Inc's design automation software, which will help it manage product development data associated with the research a...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Who's winning in UK apparel shopping switch?
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide