US: Software plugin takes 3D clothing design to film makers
A new plugin that enables 3D designers, photographers, film makers, animators and illustrators to visualise the drape of virtual fabric has been launched as part of a free software package from DAZ|Studio.
The Draper, Utah-based company has teamed up with OptiTex, Ltd, which specialises in software for the textile and fashion industry, to show users how altering the fabric type, the number of buttons opened, and garment size changes the look of a virtual garment.
The Dynamic Clothing Player plugin is due to be released soon in DAZ 3D's online store and will be available for free download, although there will be a charge for an extended set of controls over cloth properties, wind, and gravity. A dynamic clothing creation tool, the Dynamic Clothing Designer, is also in development and will be released later this summer.
OptiTex has launched a new and updated 3D male avatar to help men's wear designers and manufacturers try out their designs in a virtual sampling process before moving to production....
New tools for design and product development have been launched by Zweave Inc as part of its on-demand product suite which is available by annual subscription....
Software developer OptiTex has released a new 3D tool to help designers, product development teams and customers create on-screen catwalk shows so that garments can be evaluated before sample making o...
Body armour maker ArmorSmith has signed a two year subscription agreement for Zweave Inc's design automation software, which will help it manage product development data associated with the research a...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre