JAPAN: Sojitz to expand Admiral shoe brand in East Asia
Sojitz General Merchandise Corp has acquired the trademark rights to England's Admiral casual fashion brand for five regions in East Asia.
The deal will cover China, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, and South Korea.
"With the acquisition of these trademark rights, Sojitz GMC will solidify the production foundations of its existing business while using the brand know-how that it established in the Japanese market to sell Admiral as an English brand launched from Japan in East Asian markets," the company said.
Sojitz GMC will begin overseas marketing of Admiral branded products this year and will look into sales of products other than casual footwear, it said.
The two companies began working together in Japan 2006, with annual sales volumes now standing at around 200,000 pairs of shoes.
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- How will TPP emerge from fast-track trade bill?
- Adidas pushing self-governance for suppliers
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- US fashion industry applauds trade bills package
- China textile and garment firms eyeing Morocco?
- Under Armour hailed "next global athletic company"
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Orta and Garmon launch denim chemical screening
- Hanesbrands eyes 600 job cuts in restructure