JAPAN: Sojitz to expand Admiral shoe brand in East Asia
Sojitz General Merchandise Corp has acquired the trademark rights to England's Admiral casual fashion brand for five regions in East Asia.
The deal will cover China, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, and South Korea.
"With the acquisition of these trademark rights, Sojitz GMC will solidify the production foundations of its existing business while using the brand know-how that it established in the Japanese market to sell Admiral as an English brand launched from Japan in East Asian markets," the company said.
Sojitz GMC will begin overseas marketing of Admiral branded products this year and will look into sales of products other than casual footwear, it said.
The two companies began working together in Japan 2006, with annual sales volumes now standing at around 200,000 pairs of shoes.
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years