US: Sokolowski named as Kellwood chief marketing officer
George Sokolowski has been named vice president of strategy and chief marketing officer for Kellwood Company.
He succeeds Patrick J Burns, who was promoted to group president of Kellwood's Lifestyle Alliance in September.
The company said Sokolowski will be responsible for strategic planning and tactics, brand development and positioning, consumer research, trend analysis, and building relationships with key retailers.
Sokolowski has more than 30 years of experience in the retail and consumer packaged goods industries, most recently as managing partner of SkyTop Advisors, a retail marketing advisory group.
He previously was executive vice president/chief marketing officer of The TJX Companies, where he oversaw marketing efforts at a time when TJX more than tripled in size, a statement noted.
Robert C Skinner Jr, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Kellwood, said: "George's strong marketing background as well as his strategic planning expertise will be key to positioning Kellwood for future growth as we execute our long-term plan."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Women's wear maker Kellwood Inc has promoted industry veteran Neva Turi to the position of chief customer officer of its Lifestyle Alliance unit....
Online fashion retailer Asos will add an e-commerce store for discounted clothing to its existing designer fashion website, the company's boss confirmed to just-style....
Dan Karpel has been appointed as senior vice president - finance at footwear retailer and wholesaler Brown Shoe Company....
Apparel maker Kellwood Company has named Brenda Palmer as its new vice president of licensing to oversee strategic licensing opportunities for the apparel maker's brands....
Stephen F Powers, chief customer officer of Kellwood's Lifestyle Alliance division, is to retire at the end of July....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Licensor and global brand management company Cherokee has signed an exclusive brand representation deal with fashion designer David Rodriguez....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts