US: Sol's becomes Fair Wear Foundation member
French promotional wear brand Sol's has become a member of the Fair Wear Foundation (FWF).
By affiliating with FWF, Sol's has committed to making improvements in social norms, including bringing concrete improvements to labour standards in collaboration with plant managers, through an action plan approved by the FWF.
This will involve ensuring no discrimination in employment, no exploitation of child labour, freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining, payment of a living wage, reasonable hours of work, and safe and healthy working conditions.
Sol's, FWF's first French member company, also commits to providing a status report and noted improvements to FWF on an annual basis.
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- just-style Sourcing Survey – share your thoughts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack