US: Sotos resigns, Card returns as Jones CFO
Thimio Sotos has resigned as chief financial officer of Jones Apparel Group. Wesley Card, chief operating officer of the firm, has reassumed the dual role of COO and CFO.
Card joined Jones in 1990 as CFO and was named to the additional post of COO in 2002. He relinquished the CFO title one year ago when Sotos was promoted into that position.
Jones said that Sotos had resigned "to pursue other opportunities".
Peter Boneparth, chief executive officer of the firm, said: "Wes was an exceptional CFO for Jones during the 15 years he held that position, and we are pleased to welcome him back to that role. Since his appointment as COO, he has been instrumental in setting the strategy for our company and executing against that plan."
Suggesting that Jones will not seek a permanent replacement for Sotos, Boneparth added: "I have no doubt that Wes will do a great job in his dual roles as CFO and COO."
Sotos joined Jones as assistant treasurer in 1999 as part of the company's acquisition of Nine West Group. He served successively as vice president and treasurer and senior VP and treasurer before being named executive VP and treasurer with responsibility for strategic and financial planning in 2005.
Jones manufactures and markets a variety of licensed and owned brand names and also owns and operates the Barneys New York fashion specialty chain. The company in recent years has explored the possibility of selling all or several of its assets.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Despite losing out in this summer's takeover battle for upscale retailer Barneys New York, Fast Retailing is determined to quicken the pace of its global expansion in a bid to double its annual sales ...
Jones Apparel Group Inc has completed the sale of its Barneys New York Inc unit and says it plans to use some of the proceeds to fund a $400m stock buyback....
Japanese casualwear retailer Fast Retailing Co Ltd is to open its first Uniqlo store in Paris in early December as it quickens the pace of its global expansion....
Jones Apparel Group has appointed Ronald Offir as its president of e-commerce, where he will be responsible for maximising the company's online channel across all of Jones' brands and divisions....
Japan's Fast Retailing has won a tender offer to buy the common stock of Tokyo-listed Cabin Co, as it turns its eye away from the Barneys New York chain....
The chief marketing officer at women's apparel retailer AnnTaylor Stores Corp, Elaine Boltz, is leaving the company just a week after chief financial officer James Smith resigned....
The value of the brands that Jones Apparel hopes to sell by the end of this year is $22.5m according to a filing posted with the Securities and Exchange Commission today (14 August)....
Ann Taylor Stores has named Mark Mendelson as president of the company's new store concept , reporting directly to Kay Krill, president and CEO....
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar