UK: Sourcing director exits Matalan
UK discount fashion and homewares retailer Matalan has parted company with two of its senior directors, including sourcing director Margaret Melville and commercial director Adrian Mountford.
Matalan declined to comment on the matter when contacted by just-style today (6 February).
Last month, Matalan said it remains cautious in its outlook after Christmas revenues slipped 1.5%. Total revenue edged down 0.4% to GBP309.5m (US$499m) for the 13 weeks to 24 November. EBITDA, however, increased 8.6% to GBP45.3m against GBP41.7m the prior year.
Commenting on the results at the time, chief executive Darren Blackhurst said: "Whilst headline revenues are broadly in line with last year, this should be viewed in the context of the promotional activity that took place last year."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Upmarket UK fashion retailer Nicole Farhi has been bought out of administration by Maxine Hargreaves-Adams, the daughter of Matalan founder John Hargreaves....
Jason Hargreaves, the son of Matalan founder John Hargreaves, has been appointed managing director of the UK fashion and homewares retailer following the departure of Darren Blackhurst....
Companies representing more than a third of UK clothing sales have signed the Sustainable Clothing Action Plan (SCAP) 2020 Commitment, a scheme that will see them work together to reduce the environme...
UK supermarket operator Sainsbury's is set to re-launch its Tu clothing range this week as part of efforts to grow its non-food business. ...
UK discount fashion and homewares retailer Matalan remains cautious in its outlook despite booking a 10.2% increase in full-year earnings....
UK supermarket operator Sainsbury's said clothing sales grew during the first quarter, despite tough comparatives from the Jubilee and good weather last year. ...
Labour rights groups estimate that more than EUR54m (US$71m) in long-term compensation payments are due to victims of the Rana Plaza factory complex collapse in Bangladesh last month. ...
- Overcapacity in China could reshape fibre markets
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- PVH ramps up corporate responsibility commitments
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- US Q2 in brief - Chico's, Caleres, G-III Apparel
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- Nike and Under Armour top social currency chart
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras