Sourcing specialist Wilson taps PLM for collaboration
Apparel sourcing specialist Wilson has selected Centric Software's product lifecycle management (PLM) platform to improve communication and collaboration across its international operations to support its growth plans.
With headquarters in Glasgow, Scotland, Wilson has design studios, showrooms and offices around the world, offering personalised design, sourcing and supply chain services covering casual wear, footwear and accessories to branded retailers and private label businesses. These include Bloomingdale's, Asos, Forever 21, New Look, Zumiez, Primark and Urban Outfitters.
Over the last ten years, the company has experienced continuous growth, expanding from a single location with ties to remote manufacturing regions, to an international business with operations in Hong Kong, London, New York, Karachi and Hangzhou. It currenly has 200 employees worldwide, including more than 40 dedicated designers.
Wilson said it chose to adopt the software because of its communication, efficiency and usability benefits.
"Wilson's push to improve communication and collaboration across growing international teams is an important milestone in their growth plans," explained Centric Software CEO Chris Groves.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: anti-pollen textiles; environmentally sustainable denim; environmentally sustainable fib...
US outdoor clothing retailer CC Filson has invested in a new product lifecycle management (PLM) solution to shorten product development cycles and improve their time to market....
Premium casual apparel brand Marine Layer has selected Centric's SMB PLM solution - a cloud-based tool tailored for emerging businesses - in a bid to help manage data from product development through ...
South African industrial clothing and textile group Ninian & Lester has invested in a new product lifecycle management (PLM) solution to help reduce lead times in a bid to stay ahead in both local and...
Italian nautical fashion brand Slam has invested in a new product lifecycle management (PLM) solution to help support innovation and improve time to market, accuracy and quality through its global sup...
Centric Software has released the latest version of its product lifecycle management (PLM) solution, which focuses on scalability and performance of up to 10,000 users, decision making analytics and p...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar