VIETNAM: South Korea's Hwaseung To Build $39.5m Shoe Factory
South Korea's leading sports shoe maker, the Hwaseung group, is to spend $39.5 million setting up a sport shoe factory at the Nhon Trach 1 Industrial Park in Vietnam's southern Dong Nai province.
The factory is the eleventh to be built by Hwaseung in Asia, and will make sports shoes for export to US and European markets. It will employ 3,000 workers.
Hwaseung produces footwear for leading names such as Reebok and Nike.
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Nike Inc, the world's biggest athletic-shoe maker, said fourth-quarter earnings rose 15 percent, encouraged by sales of high- priced Air Jordan and Shox sneakers....
Shoe chain Payless ShoeSource Inc has secured Matthew Rubel, a former executive of sportswear giant Nike Inc, as its new chief executive officer from July onwards....
Men's and women's apparel company Perry Ellis International Inc has named Al Derago senior vice president of the Nike swim division, effective today....
Sportswear giant Nike Inc has warned football club Manchester United that it may pull out of their £303 million sponsorship deal if the club doesn't improve its performance....
Sportswear company Reebok International Ltd has posted a higher quarterly profit, encouraged by the acquisition of The Hockey Company as well as a weak US dollar....
Sportswear giant Adidas has signed a $26.67 million deal with The University of Kansas to kit out all of its teams for the next eight years, signalling the end of a long-lasting agreement with Nike, w...
Major sports brand Reebok says it plans to open another 60 stores in the Indian market and push its revenue there up to INR3.75 billion....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack