CHINA: Spain's Dogi Builds Second Chinese Fibres Plant
Spanish textiles group Dogi International Fabrics has begun building its second fibres plant in Nanjing, China, to boost output to 13 million linear metres of fabric by 2008, the company announced on Friday.
Barcelona-based Dogi will invest €6m in the 7,000 square metre factory, which will come on-stream in September 2005. It will be built alongside Dogi's existing 5.5m metre facility. A Dogi spokesman would not provide the new plant's exact output.
"With this plant we will be able to raise elastic fibres output to meet our growth targets in China," the spokesman said, adding that the region's demand for Dogi's products is soaring.
By 2008, China will account for 28 per cent of the group's global production while Spain will represent 30 per cent, the spokesman added.
Dogi is also on track to double output in Thailand to 8.5m metres and increase it 66 per cent in the Philippines to 5m metres.
Dogi's Chinese unit plans to clock in €30m in sales this year.
By Ivan Castano.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Spanish strech-fabrics maker Dogi International has posted a EUR197,000 net loss for 2005, down 92% from a year ago, boosted by its Asian expansion and cost cutting....
Design-to-delivery solutions supplier MAS Holdings has announced the formation of a joint venture with Elastic Fabrics of America and Dogi International Fabrics to establish a warp knit fabric-manufac...
Barcelona-based stretch-fabrics maker Dogi expects the continent's textile demand to rise sharply in 2006, boosting operating profits and revenues over 50% and 12% respectively, company executives rev...
Spanish stretch-fabrics maker Dogi International Fabrics is set to increase its Asian fibre procurement rates as it steps up production in the region, communications director Ana Cano said....
Dogi International Fabrics, Mas Holdings and Elastic Fabrics of America (EFA) are due to start construction on Sri Lanka's first warp knit factory in the next couple of weeks....
Spain's Dogi International Fabrics posted a 43% jump in nine-month operating profits to EUR2.3m as heavy cost cutting and manufacturing efficiencies offset weak sales at home....
Elastic Fabrics of America (EFA), Dogi International Fabrics of Spain, and MAS Holdings are looking at setting up Sri Lanka's first warp knit fabric manufacturing facility....
Fabric manufacturer Dogi International Fabrics SA expects its bottom line to break even by the end of the year after first-quarter net loss grew to €0.71 million from €0.66m in the same quarter last y...
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack