SOUTH KOREA: Spandex Makers Struggle To Meet Demand
Spandex manufacturers in South Korea are struggling to meet a sudden upsurge in demand for the fibre from foreign clients.. According to a report in the Korea Herald on Wednesday, spandex makers are working around the clock producing enough of the stretchy fabric to meet demand The country's largest spandex producer, Hyosung Co, was said to have made 600 tons of spandex for China - an increase of 200 per cent on the year-ago period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth