PORTUGAL: Speakers unveiled for IAF supply chain session
Top executives from Escada, TAL and Yesim Tekstil are among speakers lined up for the supply chain session at the International Apparel Federation's (IAF) World Apparel Convention later this year.
Harry Lee, CEO of Textile Alliance (TAL), Jan Hilger, operations director at Escada, and Senol Sankaya, CEO of Yesim Tekstil will be joined by Ed Gribbin from Alvanon, Kurt Cavano from Tradecard and Bob McKee from Infor.
The 28th edition of the event will be held on 24-28 September 2012 at the Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa in Oporto, Portugal and will focus on 'Fashion Business in a Changing Environment.' As well as the supply chain, other sessions will cover the economy, technology and innovation, and fashion retail and consumer behaviour.
Luxury and premium apparel firms across Europe are finding that when it comes to boosting their competitive edge there is strength in numbers, with a unique collaborative approach to their common sour...
Instead of focusing on product costs as a way of offsetting the pressures faced in both retail and sourcing markets, the apparel supply chain should look instead at optimising processes, boosting coll...
The likelihood of a resurgence in near-sourcing is "certainly possible" as the apparel industry starts to think more holistically about its supply chain, delegates at this year's IAF World Apparel Con...
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015