PORTUGAL: Speakers unveiled for IAF supply chain session
Top executives from Escada, TAL and Yesim Tekstil are among speakers lined up for the supply chain session at the International Apparel Federation's (IAF) World Apparel Convention later this year.
Harry Lee, CEO of Textile Alliance (TAL), Jan Hilger, operations director at Escada, and Senol Sankaya, CEO of Yesim Tekstil will be joined by Ed Gribbin from Alvanon, Kurt Cavano from Tradecard and Bob McKee from Infor.
The 28th edition of the event will be held on 24-28 September 2012 at the Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa in Oporto, Portugal and will focus on 'Fashion Business in a Changing Environment.' As well as the supply chain, other sessions will cover the economy, technology and innovation, and fashion retail and consumer behaviour.
Luxury and premium apparel firms across Europe are finding that when it comes to boosting their competitive edge there is strength in numbers, with a unique collaborative approach to their common sour...
Instead of focusing on product costs as a way of offsetting the pressures faced in both retail and sourcing markets, the apparel supply chain should look instead at optimising processes, boosting coll...
The likelihood of a resurgence in near-sourcing is "certainly possible" as the apparel industry starts to think more holistically about its supply chain, delegates at this year's IAF World Apparel Con...
- INTERVIEW: Crystal CEO rises to the challenges
- Pacific Crystal Textiles gears up for production
- Li & Fung: China consumption to bring major change
- Growth in smart garments and wearable technology
- Innovation and e-commerce key to Nike's growth
- Adidas taps Nike designers for new creative studio
- China apparel interns in forced labour conditions
- Addressing anaemia key to Cambodia productivity
- Chinese firm to invest in Ethiopian textile plant
- Activists slam dismissals at Sri Lanka shoe firm