UK: Specialist Clothes Supplier Has A Good Year
Seet, a supplier of clothing for niche market areas including uniforms for hundreds of schools, has reported that, despite a highly competitive trading environment, pre-tax profits have increased by £46,000 on similar turnover level to last year. Most significantly, this has been achieved on a different profit of sales, with pre-tax profits at £456,000 (1999: £410,000),up 11 per cent on last year.As well as schoolwear, Seets subsidiary Ballclare Special Products, the protective clothing division, continues to win important new long-term contracts, including the Herefordshire Fire and Rescue service and North East Fire Consortium.In testing conditions, the board says that both the schoolwear and specialist protective clothing divisions continue to show the expertise and the skill to meet today's challenging trading environment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack