UK: Specialist Clothes Supplier Has A Good Year
Seet, a supplier of clothing for niche market areas including uniforms for hundreds of schools, has reported that, despite a highly competitive trading environment, pre-tax profits have increased by £46,000 on similar turnover level to last year. Most significantly, this has been achieved on a different profit of sales, with pre-tax profits at £456,000 (1999: £410,000),up 11 per cent on last year.As well as schoolwear, Seets subsidiary Ballclare Special Products, the protective clothing division, continues to win important new long-term contracts, including the Herefordshire Fire and Rescue service and North East Fire Consortium.In testing conditions, the board says that both the schoolwear and specialist protective clothing divisions continue to show the expertise and the skill to meet today's challenging trading environment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020