AUSTRALIA: Speedo To Leave Australian Shores
Swimwear manufacturer Speedo is to quit its native shores of Australia with the closure of its Sydney plant.
The company is set to move production abroad citing that it can not compete effectively on the international market due to the higher costs involved in its high standards on human rights and environmental matters.
A report from West Australian Newspapers Ltd revealed that 65 workers from the Sydney plant had already been sacked in preparation for the move and that the remaining 55 workers were to concentrate on designs.
Speedo was first launched in Australia in 1914 and has become one of the most well known swimwear brands in the world.
Companies: Warnaco Group Inc
Online intimate wear retailer figleaves.com will launch swimwear brand Speedo's first online shop next month....
Apparel group Warnaco said it suffered lower fourth-quarter earnings, based on a sales decrease and lower-than-forecast replenishment orders. The company boosted both full-year income and sales, howev...
Swimwear brand Speedo is to clothe athletes in the Winter Olympics for the first time in Torino next year....
Leading swimwear brand Speedo has won a string of individual endorsement deals with American 2006 Winter Olympic sledding hopefuls....
Claims by shareholders in Warnaco Group Inc that accounting firm Deloitte & Touche helped hide Warnaco's true financial condition before it collapsed into bankruptcy in 2001 have been thrown out by a ...
Next Plc, one of the UK's leading high-street fashion retailers, could be the latest British store group to tie up with the Planet Sports chain according to Indian media reports....
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police are charging a woman for importing and making fake designer clothing following a three-month investigation....
Branded clothing company Pentland Group Plc says its bid vehicle's mandatory offer for sportswear chain JD Sports has been declared unconditional after it reached its target for acceptances....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack