USA: Speedo To Sponsor Winter Olympic Hopefuls
Leading swimwear brand Speedo has won a string of individual endorsement deals with American 2006 Winter Olympic sledding hopefuls.
The deals, Speedo's first-ever winter sport sponsorships, allow it to sponsor Vonetta Flowers, Todd Hays, Noelle Pikus-Pace, Jean Prahm (formerly Racine), and Chris Soule.
The signings precede the unveiling of evolutionary suit technology that will make its Olympic debut during the 2006 Winter Games in Torino, Italy, next February.
Speedo North America president Sheree Waterson said: "Speedo's dominance in the pool is built around a research and development process that engages the world's best swimmers.
"This approach now extends to sledding athletes, opening up unprecedented opportunities for speed."
1928-established Speedo's lines include women's fashion and fitness swimwear, men's water shorts, kid's swimwear, active wear, footwear, and a comprehensive collection of aquatic and fitness equipment.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Online intimate wear retailer figleaves.com will launch swimwear brand Speedo's first online shop next month....
Apparel group Warnaco said it suffered lower fourth-quarter earnings, based on a sales decrease and lower-than-forecast replenishment orders. The company boosted both full-year income and sales, howev...
Swimwear brand Speedo is to clothe athletes in the Winter Olympics for the first time in Torino next year....
Claims by shareholders in Warnaco Group Inc that accounting firm Deloitte & Touche helped hide Warnaco's true financial condition before it collapsed into bankruptcy in 2001 have been thrown out by a ...
Next Plc, one of the UK's leading high-street fashion retailers, could be the latest British store group to tie up with the Planet Sports chain according to Indian media reports....
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police are charging a woman for importing and making fake designer clothing following a three-month investigation....
Branded clothing company Pentland Group Plc says its bid vehicle's mandatory offer for sportswear chain JD Sports has been declared unconditional after it reached its target for acceptances....
John Wardle and David Makin, the co-founders of sports goods chain JD Sports, have sold their combined 45 per cent stake in the company to European brand management company Pentland Group for approxim...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective