INDIA: Spentex eyes yarn plants in Uzbekistan, Egypt
A senior official at India's Spentex Industries Ltd has revealed plans to set up cotton yarn manufacturing units in Uzbekistan and Egypt.
Amrit Agrawal, Spentex's chief financial officer, told reporters that the company is looking at either setting up or acquiring manufacturing units in the two countries.
Earlier this year, Spentex bought an 84% stake in Indo Rama Textiles Ltd, adding synthetic yarn manufacturing capability to its existing cotton yarn capacity.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores