US: Sperry Top-Sider inks five licensing agreements
Footwear brand Sperry Top-Sider has signed a series of licensing agreements to extend its reach into bags, belts, hosiery, eyewear, swimwear, headware, scarves, gloves and shoe care.
The Collective Brands-owned company today (30 January) said the new products will launch in spring 2013 and will be sold through the company's wholly-owned Sperry Top-Sider speciality retail stores across the US and in premium department stores and speciality retailers across North America.
"These initiatives are critical next steps for Sperry Top-Sider as we aim to connect more broadly with our target consumer and continue our mission to create the leading nautical performance and lifestyle brand across the globe," said Gregg Ribatt, CEO of Collective Brands' Performance and Lifestyle group.
The company will partner with Manhattan Beachwear, hosiery manufacturer Refro Corporation, belt manufacturer Tandy Brands, Interbrand, which makes headwear, scarves and gloves, and US Continental Marketing, a manufacturer of leather and shoe care products in the US.
It said additional deals are also pending with product categories including eyewear and watches, among others.
The licensees will work with Sperry's design and marketing teams to create their collections. Each partner will then be responsible for marketing and distribution.
Footwear firm Collective Brands has spent the last five years trying to find a stable footing following the company's formation following Payless ShoeSource's acquisition of Stride Rite in 2007. Here ...
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide posted a 15.2% decline in second-quarter net earnings amid continued macroeconomic uncertainty in Europe....
US department store operator JC Penney has made a series of new appointments and promotions across its merchandising and operations departments as part of ongoing plans to overhaul its business....
Collective Brands, the owner of the Payless ShoeSource and Stride Rite chains, has posted a 25.7% jump in first quarter net income on the back of rising revenue....
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Apparel and textiles rank high on EU alert system
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019