US: Sperry Top-Sider inks five licensing agreements
Footwear brand Sperry Top-Sider has signed a series of licensing agreements to extend its reach into bags, belts, hosiery, eyewear, swimwear, headware, scarves, gloves and shoe care.
The Collective Brands-owned company today (30 January) said the new products will launch in spring 2013 and will be sold through the company's wholly-owned Sperry Top-Sider speciality retail stores across the US and in premium department stores and speciality retailers across North America.
"These initiatives are critical next steps for Sperry Top-Sider as we aim to connect more broadly with our target consumer and continue our mission to create the leading nautical performance and lifestyle brand across the globe," said Gregg Ribatt, CEO of Collective Brands' Performance and Lifestyle group.
The company will partner with Manhattan Beachwear, hosiery manufacturer Refro Corporation, belt manufacturer Tandy Brands, Interbrand, which makes headwear, scarves and gloves, and US Continental Marketing, a manufacturer of leather and shoe care products in the US.
It said additional deals are also pending with product categories including eyewear and watches, among others.
The licensees will work with Sperry's design and marketing teams to create their collections. Each partner will then be responsible for marketing and distribution.
Footwear firm Collective Brands has spent the last five years trying to find a stable footing following the company's formation following Payless ShoeSource's acquisition of Stride Rite in 2007. Here ...
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide posted a 15.2% decline in second-quarter net earnings amid continued macroeconomic uncertainty in Europe....
US department store operator JC Penney has made a series of new appointments and promotions across its merchandising and operations departments as part of ongoing plans to overhaul its business....
Collective Brands, the owner of the Payless ShoeSource and Stride Rite chains, has posted a 25.7% jump in first quarter net income on the back of rising revenue....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details