US: Sperry Top-Sider inks five licensing agreements
Footwear brand Sperry Top-Sider has signed a series of licensing agreements to extend its reach into bags, belts, hosiery, eyewear, swimwear, headware, scarves, gloves and shoe care.
The Collective Brands-owned company today (30 January) said the new products will launch in spring 2013 and will be sold through the company's wholly-owned Sperry Top-Sider speciality retail stores across the US and in premium department stores and speciality retailers across North America.
"These initiatives are critical next steps for Sperry Top-Sider as we aim to connect more broadly with our target consumer and continue our mission to create the leading nautical performance and lifestyle brand across the globe," said Gregg Ribatt, CEO of Collective Brands' Performance and Lifestyle group.
The company will partner with Manhattan Beachwear, hosiery manufacturer Refro Corporation, belt manufacturer Tandy Brands, Interbrand, which makes headwear, scarves and gloves, and US Continental Marketing, a manufacturer of leather and shoe care products in the US.
It said additional deals are also pending with product categories including eyewear and watches, among others.
The licensees will work with Sperry's design and marketing teams to create their collections. Each partner will then be responsible for marketing and distribution.
Footwear firm Collective Brands has spent the last five years trying to find a stable footing following the company's formation following Payless ShoeSource's acquisition of Stride Rite in 2007. Here ...
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide posted a 15.2% decline in second-quarter net earnings amid continued macroeconomic uncertainty in Europe....
US department store operator JC Penney has made a series of new appointments and promotions across its merchandising and operations departments as part of ongoing plans to overhaul its business....
Collective Brands, the owner of the Payless ShoeSource and Stride Rite chains, has posted a 25.7% jump in first quarter net income on the back of rising revenue....
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Under Armour makes lifestyle push with new brand
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Transparency index to expand to 100 brands
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020