AUSTRALIA: Spinning Mill Closes With Loss Of 110 Jobs
A Victorian spinning mill has closed and 110 textile workers have lost their jobs following a fire earlier this month. The blaze caused extensive structural, mechanical and water damage at the Rocklea Spinning Mills in Bendigo, central Victoria. Rocklea moved to Bendigo 10 years ago, taking over the former Bradmill factory on the southern edge of the city. The company also has spinning mills on Moe, in eastern Victoria and Brisbane as well as a dye house at Tullamarine in Melbourne.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022