AUSTRALIA: Spinning Mill Closes With Loss Of 110 Jobs
A Victorian spinning mill has closed and 110 textile workers have lost their jobs following a fire earlier this month. The blaze caused extensive structural, mechanical and water damage at the Rocklea Spinning Mills in Bendigo, central Victoria. Rocklea moved to Bendigo 10 years ago, taking over the former Bradmill factory on the southern edge of the city. The company also has spinning mills on Moe, in eastern Victoria and Brisbane as well as a dye house at Tullamarine in Melbourne.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022