AUSTRALIA: Spinning Mill Closes With Loss Of 110 Jobs
A Victorian spinning mill has closed and 110 textile workers have lost their jobs following a fire earlier this month. The blaze caused extensive structural, mechanical and water damage at the Rocklea Spinning Mills in Bendigo, central Victoria. Rocklea moved to Bendigo 10 years ago, taking over the former Bradmill factory on the southern edge of the city. The company also has spinning mills on Moe, in eastern Victoria and Brisbane as well as a dye house at Tullamarine in Melbourne.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020