USA: Sport Haley Posts FY Loss On Sales Up 4 Per Cent
Golf apparel firm Sport-Haley Inc on Friday posted a reduced fourth quarter loss of $429,000 on the back of a four per cent climb in sales and said it is "optimistic" of a better performance in fiscal 2003.
The Colorado-based company said net sales for the quarter to June 30 rose to $5.2 million but fell 21 per cent to $17.1m for the fiscal year due to the "general downturn in the US economy combined with the significant negative economic impact caused by September 11".
Reporting a wider full-year net loss of $973,000, CEO Kevin Tomlinson said: "We're certainly not pleased with the company's financial performance over the last two years.
"Nevertheless, we remain optimistic that the operational improvements we enacted have strategically enabled the company to re-establish itself as a formidable competitor in the golf apparel market. We fully anticipate that Sport-Haley will achieve financial improvements in the new fiscal year."
He added: "The golf apparel industry in general seems to be stabilising. Based upon current bookings for Spring 2003 Haley and Ben Hogan apparel collections, management anticipates considerable increases in net sales in fiscal 2003 as compared with fiscal 2002 and significantly higher gross margins as well."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Clothing and shoe retailer Colorado Group said its full-year earnings took a 19.1% dive, caused by stock difficulties and sluggish consumer spending....
High-street fashion favourite Hennes & Mauritz is to open a store on the trendy Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles....
Stage Stores has appointed a new COO and president....
Federated Department Stores said it would close five distribution centres in 2006 as part of its realignment of the Macy's business....
Golf apparel and outerwear company Sport-Haley has signed a joint venture deal with apparel manufacturer and marketer Explorer Gear USA to make and market Top-Flite branded apparel to Wal-Mart Stores ...
Outdoor apparel and shoe company Timberland has signed a definitive deal to buy apparel and socks company SmartWool....
Shoe and clothing retailer Colorado Group Ltd today reported a 41 per cent drop in half-yearly net profit to $A7.6 million....
Floundering department store retailer Mervyns LLC says continuing losses are causing it to shut almost a quarter of its stores at the cost of 4,800 jobs....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts